Saturday, September 17, 2005

Presenting...

My brother in Korea, Britt, and his wife Becca had their baby on September 16. Here is what Britt said about the little guy in his announcement e-mail.

"Micah Patrick was born yesterday at 12:48pm on Sept16, 2005. He was 4.5 kg, which is almost 10 lbs (9 pounds 14+ ounces). Becca went into labor officially around 2am.
More details to come, but he's awesome, very responsive, opens his eyes frequently, and is already raising his head like a champ. He's strong and a great baby already. What a blessing.
So we're home, he's sleeping in his bassinet as we speak and cute as can be. I think he looks a little like my Uncle Vick ... not when my Uncle Vick was little ... but now that he's in his 60's."

That last part was my favorite. If you know my Uncle Vick, this would be a very funny comment. I don't really have any digital pictures of Uncle Vick, but I will try to scan something in and we'll take a poll. I don't have any pictures of Micah yet either, so we'll save that for another post.
The fact that my brother and sister-in-law produced offspring is very exciting for several reasons.
1) We get to go see him over Christmas- Micah has been the reason that is finally getting us out there to see Korea!
2) A baby makes my mom very happy. And everyone knows that when mom is happy, everyone is happy.
3) As with my niece and nephew being born in the past, having babies around keeps my baby fever from spiking too high. When I can spend a few hours with my niece and nephews and be completely happy to return them to their parents, it is a cure for any desire I may have been feeling to have offspring of my own.
4) My family (the Mooneys) have been very successful at producing cute children.
Consider exhibit A:
McKenna, daughter of my brother, Derek, during a very cute "snow bunny" day.
Exhibit B:

My nephew, Jeremiah, son of my brother, Derek, a month into his very cute life.
The evidence proves the conclusion. (There is more evidence on McKenna and Jeremiah's website.)

So welcome, little guy, and we are so excited to meet you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home