Saturday, August 20, 2005

At least he was honest!

The other day, President Bush was discussing his weekend biking trip with Lance Armstrong.

"Like a lot of baby boomers, my knees gave out," Bush explained to seven journalists who accompanied him on a two-hour ride Saturday. "And I believe that mountain biking is going to be an outlet for a lot of people my age. I'm 59, and people are going to realize you get as much aerobic exercise if not more on the mountain bike without being hobbled."

Bush said he prefers mountain biking to road biking, where riders often shave their legs and wear Lycra shorts. "There are certain things that age brings with it, and not wearing the formfitting Lycra short is one of them, if you know what I mean," Bush joked with the reporters.
(Taken from ABC News)

I had a good laugh for a couple of reasons. 1) I didn't know "hobbled" was a verb. Yet, President Bush makes a regular habit of creating new words. Should I be surprised? 2) "If you know what I mean" - that just opens up a whole can of worms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home