Thursday, October 20, 2005

True Friendship

Ben and I just walked in the door at 10:30 and saw a true demonstration of friendship.
Tonight, we had several people over for dinner, Bible study, and fellowship. As they began arriving around 6pm, we received a phone call that Ben's grandma had passed away today. We stayed here long enough to let everyone know what was going on and get the meeting moving, then went up to his parents' home to bring them food and help in any way we could. I left a key with Emma, thanked her in advance for locking up, and we walked out, knowing the meeting would continue and everything would be fine.
After a rather tiring and somber evening, we drove home, not sure what we would need to do when we got home. I walked in the door and the first thing I heard was my dishwasher running. My wonderful friends had cleaned my kitchen, loaded my dishwasher, and even put the leftovers in a container in the fridge.
Thank you Emma, Brent, Pam, Eric, Heather, Alice, Cliff, and Stacy for continuing the meeting and humbling me to tears as you blessed us tonight. Your love did not go unnoticed.

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Frazier & Mandi Hall said...

Gina & Ben, I am truly sorry to hear about the loss of Ben's grandmother. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with ya'll. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
love, Mandi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home