Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'm A Winner!

Yesterday, while at the chiropractor, I received a phone call from my favorite (and only) sister. I declined the call, knowing I could call her back after my appointment. Not five minutes later, I received another call from a very strange number with a 727 area code. I promptly turned my phone off, tired of the ringing interrupting my appointment.
I called Shane back once I got in the car, and she said she received a phone call from a strange number, you guessed it, with a 727 area code, and was told she won a free cruise in a drawing which we both happened to enter on the same dinner excursion. Once she told me the results of her strange 727 phone call, I decided to call my 727 phone call back for myself.
"Yes, Gina, I need to start off by congratulating you. You were drawn for our free 4-day cruise to the Bahamas!"
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I finally won something in my lifetime.
Even though I called and got more information today, had to listen to a ten-minute recording of boring and repetitive data, and found out it was definitely not worth it after all of the taxes, fees, and upgrades needed to make it worth my four days and three nights, it was still kind of a fun idea while it lasted.
Now, regardless of the circumstances of life, I know deep down...I am a winner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home